- You make an important contribution to improving the treatment of children and adolescents who have experienced abuse
- You will receive free training on trauma-related mental illnesses and an established trauma screening process (a workshop certified with CME advanced training points)
- You will receive an expense allowance of € 20 for each 10-minute screening performed
- You will have access to simplified referral channels for psychotherapeutic offers for your patients
- In the long term, you will benefit from improved interdisciplinary networking with child and youth psychotherapists and child and youth welfare staff in your region
- have your own practice or are employed
- Treat children and adolescents up to 21 years of age
- are motivated to work with traumatized children and young people
- are willing to take part in the scientific monitoring of the study
- have at least 4 years left to work
- operate near one of our regional centers
Pediatricians whose catchment area is no more than 1 hour away from our regional centers can apply to us:
- Cologne / Bonn
- Leipzig / Halle / Erfurt
- Berlin / Potsdam
- Hanover / Hamburg
We would be very happy if you would support us in our project and help to improve the psychotherapeutic treatment of traumatized children and adolescents in Germany. Interested parties can easily register for participation using the contact form or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. In order to be able to set up even larger networks of help for traumatized children and adolescents, we would be very happy if you would pass on the information about our project to your colleagues who may be interested.
Information for paediatricians
Our offer for specialists in paediatrics
The focus of our “BESTFORCAN” project is the dissemination of a very effective psychotherapy for children and adolescents between 5 and 21 who have been victims of child abuse and neglect. We would like to make this form of treatment accessible to more affected children and adolescents in Germany. In addition to the further training of child and youth psychotherapists, this also includes the establishment of regional help networks between pediatricians, employees of child and youth welfare and psychotherapists. As a pediatrician, you will have the opportunity as part of our project to train yourself under scientific supervision in trauma-related psychological concepts and an established screening process in a CME-certified workshop. It also teaches how you can refer those affected to a suitable psychotherapeutic offer as quickly as possible. For your participation in “BESTFORCAN”, you will receive free advanced training points and an expense allowance for carrying out screenings and referring patients. In the long term, »BESTFORCAN« should enable improved interdisciplinary networking within your region.
All of the knowledge and skills required to participate will be imparted to you in a free training course. This training will take place in the form of a CME-certified workshop, in which the participating child and adolescent psychotherapists and youth welfare institutions in your region are also involved.
Further information can also be found in our flyer for pediatricians.